Hi Sascha-Matthias,

I really appreciate your mail - I think that's exactly what we need:
feedback from users. What do they think? etc. So many thanks. Some more
comments inline:

Sascha-Matthias Kulawik wrote:
> <snip/>
> Usual stuff, but Cocoon runs very slow in this environment, especially CForms
> and the newer JXTransformer. Tested on Intel Hardware or using Tomcat would
> solve the problem. Ive done a lot of performance optimizing but however, it
> never runs as fast as on JBoss. Some CForms Applications on BEA 6 with JDK 1.3
> are running with an evil Cocoon SVN Checkout because this is the first version
> where the Rhino stuff is working but the last where Cocoon runs on JDK 1.3.
Interesting. Do you know why it is slower on BEA?

> Another point are reliable API's. It is worse enough, that no Template System
> is
> marked final and even CForms is still beta. It IS worse, that you wont be able
> to run your application on the next Cocoon Version. We still can not switch
> some
> applications from 2.1.6 to the actual version because of changes in Cocoon.
> CForms has Version 1, 2 and 3 - where discussed on the last GetTogether in
> Gent
> the Version 1 becomes the final Version.
> What do you expect from your users? Throw away all stuff done before?
Yeah, we were affected by this problem very often in the past. It's
really annoying. I really don't know why we are not able to make cforms
final and give the users a stable platform. But all attempts in the past
were rejected. Perhaps it's time to stress this again.

> THats the point why stuff like JSF is much cooler in some cases then Cocoon.
> You
> can use many implementations (actutal SUN, Apache, Oracle) if one seems buggy,
> the API is RELIABLE and you can do updates of the implementation with small
> test
> efford.
Yepp, updating from one 2.1.x version to another is really a pain.

> <SNIP/>

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/