At least with Maven 1 this was used by the site plugin to generate the list of developers. I would imagine this would be true of Maven 2. So if Maven is ever used to generate the Cocoon web site (a good idea as it publishes unit test results and code style reports, etc.) then this is a good idea. Committers who have an interest in particular blocks should update the poms for them as well.

Ralph

Giacomo Pati wrote:

I can read the Maven docs. But my question was whether we will later have the same discussion about it as we had with the @author tag.

I just want to make sure we don't go forwards and than backwards again. That's wasted time we can save in adance.