Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
In the last days I simpliefied the configuration for 2.2 a little bit.

Since you're at it, I would suggest considering removing a lot of the cocoon.xconf stuff and turn them into compile-time settings.

Two things should happen for cocoon 2.2, IMO:

1) if you *do not* have a cocoon.xconf file (or other xconf files), cocoon should behave normally. [this avoids the 'programming by configuration' problem that we

2) if a configuration change can break cocoon, it should not be a configuration but a compile-time switch.

so #1 is for "out of the box" behavior, #2 is for "solidity in your hands" behavior.

--
Stefano.