On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 18:39 +0100, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> hepabolu wrote:
>
> > Finally, adding the proposed plugin can always be added later without
> > loosing the effort of the current setup.
>
> ok, that's right. Anyway, I can't do it myself now but if somebody is
> interested, I can help. Maybe some of the Daisy gurus here can comment on the
> idea itself?

It shouldn't be too hard. If it is just for publishing, you don't even
need the Daisy client libraries, being able to do a HTTP request is
enough. I'm not sure what the difficulties are that Ross refers too in
reusing the navigation documents. A basic plugin can probably be created
in a day (by an experienced Java/XSLT person).

As for publishing the docs via Maven, I can understand the benefits to
that, especially as each block will become less dependent on the core
and might be versioned and released independently. OTOH, having the docs
split up between a lot of little maven-sites might lessen the overview.

In the short term, personally I'll focus on the actual content, as I
think that's a more urgent issue. However, while writing docs, we should
keep in mind to keep the docs related to a block grouped, focussed and
independent from each other, so that we don't make this proposal harder
to achieve.

[only slightly related to this thread...]
Something which I'll look in setting up soon is to allow to refer to
javadoc using a "javadoc:" URL which gets translated to the actual
javadoc location during publishing. To make it more block-oriented, the
syntax will probably be something like
"javadoc:<blockname>:org/apache/...".

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]