Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:
>> David Crossley wrote:
>>> Thanks to you all for the followup. I don't have a
>>> ready answer yet. Will make sure that the other
>>> Forrest people are aware.
>> In the end, it doesn't really matter that much, and will be up to
>> whoever volunteers to implement the new CLI.
>
> It depends a little bit on how we see things. My opinion :) is to remove
> the environment
> abstraction completly and simply use the servlet environment while
> others might think that we should only base our environment abstraction
> on the servlet api but allow to run Cocoon in a different environment
> which provides *some* features of the servlet environment but not all.
> The difference might be subtle, but its not the same.

Ah, I wasn't getting that subtle. I was simply saying that I can agree
with using the servlet API for _all_ environments. The CLI becomes
nothing more than a custom servlet container that uses a servlet to
generate its pages.

In fact, having said that, it becomes yet another tool that is actually
independent of Cocoon - it could be used to crawl pages generated by
_any_ servlet, not just the Cocoon one.

Regards, Upayavira