Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Ard Schrijvers escribió:
>> Thx!!
>>
>> You do not happen to know where the JCSDefaultStore went in trunk..?? I read
>> some stuff about it outperforming ehcache in almost every way (and that it
>> might be easier to implement the eviction policy driven freeing of
>> cachekeys).
>>
> WARINIG: I am far to be a cocoon expert. I guess Carsten may answer this
> question a long way better than me.  But let me do a try digging into my
> memory:

:)

As Antonio outlined, the switch to JCS at that time was a bad idea; it
had several problems, so we switched to ehcache.
Now, Cocoon is using far too many other open source projects and we often
provide several alternatives for a specific problem without providing
good guidelines on what to use when. That's the main reason why we
decided later on to remove the old JCS code from trunk. But the code is
still in the 2.1.x branch, so it shouldn't be a problem to reactivate it
for trunk; it should run there without changes anyway.

If there are better alternatives to ehcache we should consider them of
course. Personally I would like that this work will be done in trunk
only. We could build an own maven project for each cache implementation
which will reduce the dependencies for a user and makes
switching/choosing fairly easy.

But if we provide alternatives we should have at least some guidelines
explaining when to choose which implementation.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/