Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
Yeah, but the point is about the "somewhere". Each element in a Cocoon pipeline is supposed to address a particular concern.

Now over time, reasons emerge for everything to be useful everywhere, and we end up with a giant mix, where having different stages in a pipeline no more really make sense, and where each stage produces as much information as possible for the next one, for the occasional case where it may be useful, thus impacting the general performance just to handle these edge cases.

Ok, in general you're right; but I'm wondering why for example we added
a special handling for suggestion lists which is rarely needed and seem
to refuse to add a more general approach which helps others as well.

Uh? Don't see what you mean here...

Streaming out the attributes of the field definition should in no way
change the performance as the attributes are empty in most cases anyway.

Ok, if others are ok with it, then so be it.

I'm sorry to say that over time, I found Cocoon to be more an obstactle for complex webapps pages (not talking about flow) than a real help, and that's why I'm moving away from it. So I don't care as much as I did...

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net