Hi Carsten,
maybe I'm missing something, but isn't there a ProcessInfoProvider, with
which you can access request, response, servlet context and object model
(and from there all the rest)?

It ends in a thread local anyway, since uses the environment stack
Daniel told about.

If this is not the right class, then maybe we should revise the
javadocs, since the ContextHelper (which was used in 2.1 to access all
other stuff from a Contextualizable component) is deprecated and the
ProcessInfoProvider is suggested instead.

Simone