Thien said the following on 19/1/07 11:56:
A little explanation to the visuals.

Let me first say, I think all are fabulously done and show off your skills.

1. Typical masthead design, the dark area has the word "cocoon" drawn in a Lego-like look.

To me this one felt like: "the old one but done better", nothing new under the sun.

2. Tried a few other colors, find that green match quite well with the logo's blue, here's a simple and nice layout, with a bit of Web2.0 touch

I like this one, although there's something to be said for #4.

3. Trying to describe the lightness and agility of cocoon with randomly positioned square that can be taken out or repositioned without affecting each other....ok, maybe not too obvious :D

My first impression: the kitchen tiles of Mum's kitchen. ;-)

4. Cocoon and nature, probably not the most appropriate association, but I wish this tells something about the framework's being easy and friendly to use.

Although I like the lightness and the colors, I immediately got an association with Windows XP's default theme, also dubbed here "TeleTubby theme". If you could change the link to "nature" (after all a 'cocoon' is a natural thing) to something different this one would really stand out.

Some modifications need to be made to the left navigation to match the new masthead, once it has been chosen.

Sure, the individual pages are there just to give a better impression of how the masthead looks on an actual page.

I hope I was not too harsh. ;-)

Bye, Helma