Hello,

> Ard Schrijvers wrote:
>
> <snip/>
> > This is actually almost the same "hack" we used, but
> instead of a transformer a selector, and if some value set in
> flowscript, an action to set headers. Because we are
> outsourcing/other parties using our "best practices", and I
> did not want them to have to think about setting things in
> flowscript like sessions and values to indicate caching
> headers, I chose to "put it in the black box" transformer,
> which handles it. Of course, also kind of a hack, because
> users aren't really aware of it (certainly because i did not
> want another sax transformer, so I did add it to the
> StripNameSpaceTransformer which is by default used by us in
> front of the serializer. But it does more then its name
> suggests, and therefor, it is hacky ofcourse. But...at least
> nobody has to think about it :-) ). I wondered if there was a
> solid nonhacky solution to the issue....
> >

> If it's for CForms, we can add the setting of no-cache headers in
> Form.js since it's very unlikely that a form pipeline will be
> cacheable.

Think we tried similar things (in flowscript), but we found the problem
Bertrand also faced about the fact, that you have to set the headers on the
pipeline the serializer is used from (but all requests for example arrive at a
catch all matcher, which does not know wether it includes a form or not).

Do you think you can set it globally for the request in Form.js? I tried
directly manipulating the HttpServletResponse, but obviously, this resulted in
correct behavior on the first request, but consecutive cached responses did not
have this direct HttpServletResponse manipulation, so this implied uncacheable
pipelines in cocoon, which of course, I did not want either.

But, I am curious about a possible solution

Ard