Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
Reinhard Poetz napisał(a):
There is a startup time stamp in the Spring application context
http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.0.x/api/org/springframework/context/ApplicationContext.html#getStartupDate()
maybe you can use that.
The simplest solution that I could think of is adding a check whether
the system runs in dev mode. If true, the code, that collects
information about all available servlet services, is executed every
time when the service() method is called. As this doesn't seem to be
expensive I think it's at least not the worst option.

thanks, I've introduced a check and committed the change. The RCL
stuff now works for me :-)

I'm not up-to-date with RCL stuff so I'm going to ask little ignorant
question. What exactly have you fixed and how it makes development
easier?

You can develop your C22 application (incl. Java sources!) without any restarts. The problem till yesterday was that the reload of the Spring application context didn't work. Although the classes where reloaded in the classloader correctly, Spring used the initial application context which was created at the servlet container startup.

I'm curious especially about reloading classes without running
Cocoon inside the IDE, does it work now?

yes, it works now. The normal "hot code replace" of your IDE is only able to change code of already existing methods. In contraxt, the commons-jci reloading classloader that I use allows every possible change: deleting classes/methods, removing classes/methods, creating new classes/methdos.

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc