Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
Alexander Klimetschek napisaƂ(a):
Yes, this would indeed be better. The super block must not know of its
concrete children, but be able to call polymorphic matchers - true OO.
Then I can remove the cyclic dep.

Alex

BTW: When I started to use blocks and especially using the inheritance
feature, I was surprised that I manually had to include the
forward-**-to-super-block matcher at the end of the child sitemap....

I'll create issue for this one. Once again: would you like to implement it? If
so, just put a message on list.

I could easily create the patch for the warning message.

Regarding the other solution (automatically resolving the circular dep and thus allowing it): I would now agree to skip this. A bit of research showed that generic circular deps handling is difficult. There are solutions if one specifically knows the two objects (see [1] and [2]). But here we are in a piece of code that has to work generically.

Instead, it would be nice to get the real forwarding implemented soon - but I don't know yet where to tackle the servlet-services code to get this done.

Alex

[1] http://forum.springframework.net/archive/index.php/t-94.html

[2] http://forum.springframework.org/archive/index.php/t-10186.html

--