Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
David Blevins pisze:

On May 19, 2007, at 5:28 AM, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

On 19.05.2007 14:10, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

I would like to know your opinions on having multiple project on JIRA for Cocoon.

If you have a look at [1] you'll see that Jira knows the concept of category. And like Avalon, Geronimo or whatever have multiple projects in their category it should be no problem to have the same for Cocoon.

Not sure what kind of setup you guys have going on, but for stuff I work with seems like for every "pool of version numbers" you more or less have to have a Jira project. At least that's why Geronimo has those projects -- each of those projects follows its own stream of version numbers.

I think we are going to have something similar. Blocks/modules that are released more frequently should have its own project on JIRA because it's impossible (or at least inconvenient)

I'd even say "unwanted"

to keep all version ranges in sync.

I see that no one objects the need for separate projects. Do I have to start a formal vote on it before asking INFRA folks for anything?

Could you make a more detailed proposal of what new projects you want to be created and send it to this list first?

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc