Reinhard Poetz pisze:
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
Even though I agree that it's the best to release all of our dependencies I would like to know your opinion on how to handle cases when not all our dependencies are on central server. I'm going to play with profiles.xml file and see how it performs for us. I would like to no if anyone is going to have a better/other idea.

We have to distinguish between two scenarios:

 1. building your own application using Cocoon artifacts
 2. building Cocoon from SVN

ad 1): It was my mistake that I released a POM with dependencies that are not available on the central Maven repository. As soon as commons-jci is available, there is no need for it anymore.

+1

ad 2): It's only some blocks (e.g. some portal stuff) that depend on dependencies outside. As long as they don't get released, that's not a problem.

Not completely true. Do we take into consideration the case that we depend on snapshots/milestones uploaded somewhere (let it be our or other's staging repos) and make our own milestone early release? I want to say that due to COCOO-1745 (aka MNG-2743) we could suffer from unsatisfied dependencies because repository declaration is not handled correctly.

Note that the root POM doesn't have any dependency on any other repository than the central Maven repository anymore.

I'm glad to hear that. Putting profiles.xml file at root dir does not tie our root pom to it. It's only a configuration file for Maven needed only for devs and folks interested in building Cocoon.

Things might be different with Maven 2.1 but I suggest that we solve this problem when Maven 2.1 is generally available.

I won't insist on this change, we have more important goals but don't tell me
in the future that I hadn't warned you. ;-)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski