On 08.07.2007 06:34, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

Just to clarify: I would much have preferred if we only had one expression language (EL) in Cocoon and a property style syntax like the Spring one or JEXL would be fine with me.

This is the main motivation for the plugable EL architecture.

What about map: language we have discussed earlier?

How is it related? Or does map: mean something different here than the default sitemap language namespace prefix?

Getting back to the earth, are you sure that all browsers will be happy with # character in field's name?

HTML spec nearly makes no restrictions for name attribute, it's declared as CDATA [1, 2]. [2] though mentions explicitly ID and *NAME* tokens which are defined quite restrictive, so that's a bit confusing.

Spring MVC also generates names like object.collection[3].property instead of CForms object.collection.3.property. Being declared as CDATA I wonder what the browsers do with an = in a form field's name.

Anyway we should not only have name but also id in mind [3]. Not much is allowed for them [4]. Except some rather obscure "combining chars" and "extenders" only '.', '-', '_' and ':'. So the last one might be the best choice.

Joerg

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#h-17.4
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#h-6.2
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-20060816/#id