Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
Hello,

This is a second attempt to resolve problem with inaccurate version information
in JIRA which I
described here[1]. The first one was to split up our COCOON project into
several smaller ones[2].
Unfortunately, this option had several drawbacks like broken links to the
current issues.
Unexpectedly, Nils Kaiser has come up with much better and, in general, less
intrusive solution. He
proposed[3] to introduce custom fields where information about version specific
to the *component*
would be stored.

Thereby, I would like to propose adding two new custom fields in our COCOON
project on JIRA:
  * Affects version (Component) - counterpart of standard Affects version field
in JIRA but limited
to component the issue is assigned.
  * Fix version (Component) - counterpart of standard Fix version field in JIRA
but limited to
component the issue is assigned.

It's worth to say that, AFAIK, options in fields cannot be filtered basing on
component choice so
they will contain all versions of all components. Unfortunately, JIRA is very
limited when it comes
to handling of multi-module projects where modules are released independently.

Please cast your votes!
+1

Ralph