I agree. I am optimistic adn believe people opinions changes with time. I would like to start a new vote since we have now a new jave version scenario in front of us. :)

wdyt?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Ralph Goers escribió:
Carsten Ziegeler said:

Although I guess everyone understood what I meant above, just a
clarification: of course I meant that it only makes sense to stick with
1.4 if the people working on and using 2.2 *with jdk 1.4* is a critical
mass. There is no doubt that currently there are many people
using/develeoping 2.2 in general.

We just switched our Cocoon deployment in production from IBM 1.4 to Sun
1.5 and got at least a 25% performance improvement. Java 1.6 is out.  It
seems nuts to me to continue to target 1.4 on an as yet unreleased new
version of Cocoon.  However, if you view this as a code change then the
voting rules state that a single -1 vetoes the proposal, and we got that
before.  Unless the -1 is rescinded I fear we will be stuck at 1.4 until
2010.

Ralph