David Crossley wrote:
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
Finally, if we decide to ship 3rd party libs, one technical question:
Am I right that there is no automatic mechanism for Ant or Maven that pulls together all license information of all 3rd-party libs?

That would be good. At Forrest, we have similar issues
not yet solved.

Is anybody aware of some code that helps in the ASF? Where could I ask such a question? Is 'community@' the right forum?

And, if we decide to not ship 3rd party libs, am I right that we don't have to add license files of them? (Otherwise all artifacts on the central Maven repository would be legally broken ...)
Any comments?

Perhaps legal-discuss@ list can help.

ok, will do so?

Anyone?

If I don't hear anything I will *not* include any third-party stuff (the only exception will be the getting-started stuff).

Users will have to download all libraries themselves.
IMHO what's good a downloadable release if 'cocoon.sh run' does not work? One of the points of such release is to make it one stop shop, to get everything up and running in one quick download. May be it's just me. Shrug.

What does the "getting-started stuff" include?
Perhaps we include the bare minimum and list
exactly the other supporting products that they
need to go further.

yes, I intend to write a 'getting-started guide' for non-Maven 2 users.

Any supporting products that we do bundle,
need their source too.

right

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member, PMC Chair        [EMAIL PROTECTED]