Carsten Ziegeler pisze:
We currently have the core xml module, separated into api, impl and a
special entity resolver. The dependencies of these modules are minimal
but unfortunately the impl depends on spring internal classes.

As we need xml stuff in Corona and as I would like to use this xml stuff
in other projects as well (and these projects use osgi and not spring),
I think we should cut these dependencies.

So from my pov we need to change two things: make the modules usable
without spring and make it runnable in an osgi environment.
Making it usable in an osgi environment is very easy and just requires
to add some maven plugins and some meta data. There is no impact for
people not using osgi apart from an additional config file in the jar.

Making the impl independent from spring just requires to create a new super class of the current implementation which is spring free.

If noone objects I would like to go ahead and do the  changes.

Go ahead Carsten! :-)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski