Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 5:14 AM, Sylvain Wallez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

...Can't we just give the parameters they need
individually to every pipeline component, thus allowing per-component
strongly typed and well defined contracts?..

I'm also catching up on this thread but I tend to agree with the above
suggestion, i.e. something like

  Transformer t = new XsltTransformer();
  t.setXslt("cocoon:/mytransform.xsl");
  t.setRequestParameters(request.getParameterMap());

Ok, in this case you can't use "Transformer" as the class type. This would be:
XsltTransformer t = ...

Now, it seems that we are still mixing up things here. As I said, I'm not talking about configuration of the components. The stylesheet from above is a configuration. We're talking about information about the current environment for executing the already configured pipeline.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]