Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> David Crossley pisze:
> >Jeroen Reijn wrote:
> >>Thanks Carsten!
> >>
> >>I'll give it a try. If found this message, but it was a but inclear, but
> >>after reading it 3 times.. I get it. I'll give it a go. Once I commit it
> >>into SVN will it also appear on the /dist/ or is SVN the only place it
> >>has to go in?
> >
> >That KEYS file is a separate one to that at the /dist/ directory.
> >Most of the files there are in SVN at
> >https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/site/mirrors/
> >but not the KEYS file. It should be, and be kept synchonised
> >with the other one.
>
> David, could elaborate on this KEYS issue?
>
> Here is the output of svn st:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] /www/www.apache.org/dist/cocoon]$ svn st
> ?      bricks-cms
> ?      2.2
> ?      subprojects
> ?      KEYS
> ?      events/gt2004
>

> It is clear that KEYS is not maintained by SVN. Should this be changed?

Yes, as said above.

Thanks for helping with such stuff.

When faced with issues like this, i often look at
how other projects have done it. Primarily i follow
Apache HTTP Server, being the original project, and
therefore most likely doing the proper stuff. So see:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/site/trunk/dist/
Also APR because lots of old ASF hands there. So see:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/site/trunk/dist
Apache Forrest will also give some clues, as when i
set it up as a top-level project i reviewed many other
existing practices.

There are also notes about KEYS and such in the
"Guide for new committers" and "Release signing"
http://apache.org/dev/

Also Henk's guide says to put your own key at
people.apache.org:~/.pgpkey

> As for now I'm going to just replace this file with newer version I'm going
> to commit right now.

That is fine as a temporary measure, and will bring that
static file up-to-date.

-David