Reinhard Poetz (JIRA) pisze:
> I think this patch will be the best solution that the Java programming
> language can support.
> Grek, your ideas are interesting but I fail to see how this could ever work
> with Java.

It might be that I'm not making myself clearly enough. When I'm talking about
about fundamental design decisions I have
in mind questions like:
1. Should component take one type of input and produce one type of output or
more?
2. Is it component's concern to check if other components fit it (it's tightly
coupled with first point) or it's
Pipeline concern?
3. Do we want to mix components accepting different types in one pipeline?

I'm asking more about our goals, basic principles and boundaries. Answering
this kind of questions has nothing to do
with Java capabilities even if implementation of fulfiling these goals will be
affected by Java capabilities. My little
example posted to this issue shows that certain operations can be done using
plain Java 1.5. I would like to find out
what are real limitations of Java so we can be sure that we exploit maximum we
can from this language for our needs.

I ask for that because this can be a starting point for doing some research on
my side that I'm inserted in doing in my
limited spare time.

> So here's my +1 for Carsten's patch.
>
> @Grek: We won't reach beta before Amsterdam, which means that we can still
> change core contracts.

Good to know that doors are not closed entirely.

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski