Hi,

I think we can reduce the number of interfaces in the SAX module by just
removing XMLProducer and XMLConsumer. XMLProducer is just a marker
interface combining Producer and SAXPipelineComponent, so we can just
remove it.
XMLConsumer combines LexicalHandler, ContentHandler and Consumer. I
think we can remove this and just rely on ContentHandler for chaining
sax components. When sax components are chained, they can simply check
if the next component implements LexicalHandler as well or not. With
this simple improvement we can also remove the XMLConsumerAdapter.

WDYT?
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler