Hi Carsten,

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
I've assembled a first release candidate for the new xml sub project
containing useful stuff for dom and sax handling. The module is small
and focused and could be used as a utility lib for C3.

I've had a look at the release candidate.

I'm not sure about the utility of the SAXUtils class. I think using them will tend to obfuscate any code that uses it but it's a minor point.

I'm not too happy about the various 'protected' fields like the ones in SAXBuffer.java or DOMBuilder.java etc. It would be all too easy to write code that accidentally abused these fields. I suppose this could be fixed later by making them private.

Here's my

+1

Regards,
David Legg