Luca,

I did some "documentation port" myself, but I have to admit it is not that easy, since something *may* indeed have changed in the passage... bottom line: you have to know a component's behaviour in both 2.1 and 2.2 before safely porting its doc.
You're so right about that.  It is a big job.

I started updating the HTMLSerializer [1] but then realized there were actually two implementations of it with different sets of parameters. Not only that but a lot of 'folklore' and list wisdom was trapped in the mailing list and on the old wiki over the last few years and that needed to be set free.

Regards,
David Legg

[1] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g1/g1/g2/g4/Serializer/896.html