Jos Snellings wrote:
> With pleasure.
> By the way, I am starting to write a prototype for an application with
> the latest version. Yes, I am willing to take due changes in available
> classes.
> Here's a question:
> - will there be an alpha-3 phase?

Yes. Although I consider the code as rather stable, we need more
community involvement (your mails are very helpful by the way!) before
we are ready to move on.

The only technical issue is that I want to rework the pipeline API once
again in order to support typed results. Currently a pipeline always
writes into an OutputStream and if you need something else (e.g. a
SAXBuffer, a business object, etc.) you have to work around by producing
some side effect.

> - can you use some help in assembling the last nuts and bolts?

Yes, that is very appreciated! It would be great if you had a look into
the existing documentation or if you could event help with writing
additional one.

> I am really pleased with the direction cocoon-3 took. It would be nice
> to have 3.0.0 out early 2009.

I plan to create the release artifacts for alpha-2 by the end of the month.

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member                  reinh...@apache.org