Hi Sylvain,
thanks for your kind reply! I suspected the XPath limitations you
explained very well, but deeply in my heart I was hoping to a solution
I didn't know yet, for this reason I asked it :P :P

I'll take a look at both the solutions, eve if the first sounds to me
more compliant to the xpointer recommendation and at the same time
closer with what I already did - and to older XInclude cocoon
implementations.

Thank you very much for your hints, very well appreciated :)
A bientot!
Simone

P.S. Offtopic: maybe I'm wrong, but I'm sure we met once in Tolouse, I
was one of the Asemantics juniors involved in Joost :P

--
http://www.google.com/profiles/simone.tripodi