The issue reported here from September 17th...

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2302

...is still a problem for me.

After adding the daisycms repo AND moving all the versions up from "1.5-dev"
to "2.4" I was able to the build a little further.  Also mixed in this list
is "nekodtd" which I managed to find by downloading the jar from "
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/nekohtml/nekodtd/0.1.11/nekodtd-0.1.11.jar";
and installing directly.

This still doesn't let me build because tests fail, starting with
cocoon-html-sample block.  Skipping the tests doesn't provide the
"cocoon-serializers-impl" so I'm guessing html serializer is critically
affected.

For reference, these are the missing artifacts.
1) daisy:daisy-repository-api:jar:1.5-dev
2) daisy:daisy-repository-xmlschema-bindings:jar:1.5-dev
3) nekodtd:nekodtd:jar:0.1.11
4) daisy:daisy-repository-client-impl:jar:1.5-dev
5) daisy:daisy-repository-common-impl:jar:1.5-dev
6) daisy:daisy-repository-spi:jar:1.5-dev
7) daisy:daisy-jmsclient-api:jar:1.5-dev
8) daisy:daisy-htmlcleaner:jar:1.5-dev
9) daisy:daisy-util:jar:1.5-dev

This:

http://markmail.org/message/eaapichdrctmv5bx

Was posted back in May with a reluctant workaround.   I looks like 2.2
hasn't been able to build cleanly for months (and if it is for you, try
clearing your local repo first and running).