On 18/04/2011 17:27, Reinhard Pötz wrote:
On 04/18/2011 01:44 PM, Steven Dolg wrote:
Hey,

picking up some speed would be really great for this project.
Seeing that some of the issues are older than a year and the rest
approaching their first anniversary very soon feels almost awkward.

As mentioned in his email, Reinhard and I are working on something for
the Pipeline API that might change some things, but introduce very
interesting opportunities - well at least opportunities we'd like to
have. The goal is obviously to not break anything but it's a fundamental
change, of course.
We certainly need to wrap this up in a nice, little package and somehow
present it here. I just don't know how fast we can manage to do that.

But besides that:
What can we do to get the next release out?
How do we go about addressing those issues?

IMO none of the issues is blocking a release, especially not an alpha release. We should set a date (e.g. April, 25th) and freeze the codebase for the alpha-3 release.

All code that is committed by then is part of the release, everything else has to wait for beta-1.

WDYT?

+1, also for the proposed date: we only need Simone to apply his patch to fix COCOON3-58.

BTW, does somebody else want to take the role of the release manager? I wrote a summary at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/trunk/RELEASE_HOWTO.txt that explains all necessary steps. Thanks to Maven it shouldn't be too hard ...
--
Apache Cocoon Committer and PMC Member

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/