From: Jasha Joachimsthal [mailto:j.joachimst...@onehippo.com]
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2012 4:51 PM
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: HTML5 serializer

Hey Robby,

which Cocoon version are you using for your project? In C2.1 and C2.2 there's
not only a XMLSerializer but also an HTMLSerializer and XHTMLSerializer for
their specific needs. So why not create your own HTML5Serializer?

In HTML5 the specification teams tried to specify what browsers were already
doing instead of making a new theoretical specification. HTML5 should be
backwards compatible with previous (X)HTML versions. This is the reason why
some old elements are not deprecated but considered obsolete (remember marquee,
it was so cool on Geocities).
The doctype doesn't really matter, browsers generally ignore the PUBLIC part in
the doctype (apart from some hacks in IE going into quirks mode).
A good presentation about HTML5 is http://vimeo.com/15755349.

Jasha Joachimsthal

Europe - Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam - +31(0)20 522 4466
US - Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142 - +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)

www.onehippo.com<http://www.onehippo.com/>

On 6 January 2012 15:48, Robby Pelssers