On 27/06/2013 13:34, Javier Puerto wrote:
Hi all,

We started a Cocoon 3 project with some blocks and we need to use Saxon for XSLT 2.0 features. The problem is with the RCL, we used latest cocoon-maven-plugin (1.0.2) but I've noticed that Xalan dependency is always used so my XSLT are not working. I've change the version to 1.0.0 then it's working OK.

Why is using Xalan if I didn't declare the dependency? Is there a way to configure this behaviour?

Hi Javier, I guess this bug was introduced by COCOON-2322, included in 1.0.2 [1]: it seems that the new dynamic injection is injecting too much.

You can take a look at [2] (the getDependencies() method in particular IIRC) for debugging when Xalan is pulled in.

PD: I've tested 1.0.3-SNAPSHOT and it's the same problem, not tested 1.0.1.

The release history moves from 1.0.0.M3 to 1.0.2, so there is no 1.0.1

PD2: I've realized that it's not necessary to add the TransformerFactory services file because it's included in Saxon library.

Interesting...

Regards.

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/maven-plugins/maven-plugin/1.0/changes-report.html#a1.0.2

--