Hello Cocoon community,

I am encountering an issue while migrating from Tomcat7 to Tomcat9. I am
working with Cocoon 2.1.13 and Java11.

During the deployment process I don't have any problems. However when I try to
access the application, I got a white page  and this StackTrace is generated

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
userinfos_xsp:
Line 0, column 0:
Fatal Error: Unable to locate package java.lang in classpath or bootclasspath

at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.JavaLanguage.compile(JavaLanguage.java:227)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.CompiledProgrammingLanguage.load(CompiledProgrammingLanguage.java:174)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.loadProgram(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:410)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:290)
at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator.setup(ServerPagesGenerator.java:170)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.setupPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:386)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.setupPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:717)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.preparePipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:511)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.prepareInternal(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:525)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.SitemapSource.init(SitemapSource.java:342)

In the class
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.JavaLangugae I have
checked the method compile and this error suggests a problem with the classpath
or bootclasspath configuration. I have tried the following steps to address the
issue without success:

- Checked and verified the Java installation and the "JAVA_HOME" environment
variable. It is important to note that the installation works well with Tomcat7
and Java11
- Examined and updated the Cocoon configuration files, such as "cocoon.xconf,"
to ensure proper classpath settings. The parameter compiler is configured to
work with org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.Javac

Despite these efforts, the issue persists. I suspect there might be an
underlying compatibility issue or misconfiguration that I am overlooking.

If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has insights into resolving this
problem, I would greatly appreciate your guidance and suggestions.
Additionally, any general tips for configuring Cocoon with Apache Tomcat 9
would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your support and assistance.

Best regards,

--