Hey,

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Russel Winder a écrit :
>
>>> It implements the features of the other parsers and more:
>>> - partial matching for the long options (-ver instead of -version)
>>
>> What about -ver being -v -e -r ?
>
> The partial matching of a long option has the priority over the
> decomposition of the short options.
>
> If you have the following options:
>
> -v,--verbose
> -e
> -r,--recursive
>
> then:
>
> 1. -ver will be parsed as -v (partial matching of 'verbose')
> 2. -rev will be parsed as -r -e -v (decomposition)
>

> I wonder if I should add some settings to control the behavior of the
> parser. For example, to disable the decomposition of the short options,
> or to disable the partial matching of the long options starting with a
> single dash (i.e --ver would still stand for --verbose, but not -ver).

I think partial matching should be disabled by default. While a neat
feature to reduce typing, this behaviour will probably come as a
surprise to people because it is not found in most programs. Also, if
an option is not completely specified, I know I'd like the program to
crash rather than run but do something that I don't expect.

> Emmanuel Bourg

Regards,
James