Jörg Schaible wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Phil Steitz wrote at Donnerstag, 10. Dezember 2009 12:42:
>
>> Jörg Schaible wrote:
>>> Hi Phil,

>>> Like Nial I changed geronimo-jta_1.1_spec to version 1.1. My compiler zoo
>>> fails though for blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.03, jrockit-jdk-1.4.2.16 and sun-
>>> jdk-1.4.2.19. IMHO you must update the xerces version to a release that
>>> contains the driver implementation in the Java-SPI (META-INF/services):
>> Thanks, Jorg.  I really appreciate your running this through "the
>> zoo."  Can you identify a suitable Xerces version?
>
> Actually I tried that yesterday. I've upgraded to xercesImpl-2.9.1 that
> contains the SPI entry for sure, but the test still fails. After looking
> into the code I've seen that the test explicitly sets the system property
> already. Even after moving that code from constructor into setUp the failure
> still occurs. This left be somewhat baffled, but I ran out of time to have a
> further look :-/
>
>> I am going to make this and the jta spec change and cut another RC.
>>
>> Thanks all for testing.
>
> Did you also see those:

Yes.  Investigating...

> [snip]
>
>> I do not see those using IBM-JDK 1.5.0.10. With this I had a casually 1
>> failure, but no test reports are generated with Ant nor could I see on the
>> console which test actually failed.
>
> Is there a failure in the Ant build that prevents the junit reports to be
> written?
>
>> Additionally the Ant build filters-out the JDBC4 stuff ?!? I thought it's
>> not there in 1.3.

The 1.3 build does the filtering, though I guess the filtering could
be removed from the build in the 1.3 branch, since as part of the
branch/release process, I check in the filtered sources.  The
filtering is left in so that on first build from branched sources,
the build does the filtering and succeeds.  I guess I could cut the
filtering out of the 1.3 build, but then I would have to maintain a
separate build script just to do the in-place filtering.

>>> http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.4-rc1
>>> http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.4-rc1/site
>>> http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.4-rc1/maven
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/dbcp/tags/DBCP_1_4_RC1/
>> Builds from source and runs tests with IcedTea6 1.6.2, Sun JDK 1.6 and Sun
>> JDK 1.7.0.0.alpha69 (add to README.txt ?!?). However it fails with IBM
>> 1.6.0.6:
>>
>> ========================== %< ================================

>> Test set: org.apache.commons.dbcp.managed.TestBasicManagedDataSource

>> Tests run: 46, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 3.398 sec
>> <<< FAILURE!
>>
> testReallyClose(org.apache.commons.dbcp.managed.TestBasicManagedDataSource)
>> Time elapsed: 0.066 sec  <<< FAILURE!
>> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Expecting SQLException - XAResources
>> orphaned
>> at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
>> at
>>
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.managed.TestBasicManagedDataSource.testReallyClose(TestBasicManagedDataSource.java:72)
>> ========================== %< ================================
>
> Seems that the IBM JDK is behaving differently.

Yes.  Investigating...

>>> The build setup itself looks good though, except a minor nit:

>>> [WARNING] While downloading xml-apis:xml-apis:2.0.2
>>>   This artifact has been relocated to xml-apis:xml-apis:1.0.b2.
>>>
>>> xml-apis-2.0.2 is simply a "wrong" release and we should refer the
>>> correct one.
>
> I've replaced it with the latest release 1.3.04.

Thanks!

Phil