Henri,

> I would be tempted to schedule major upgrade cycles, while having
> minor ones run independently. Still tricky to do, and hurts
> innovation. Then again - having a scheduled 'v4.0 of all Commons
> components will now be available to be worked on' time might make
> innovation happen more easily.

I don't think the way Lang and Collections does their artifacts is a
problem... BUT, I do say they stuff way too much stuff into a release.
Their cycles are slow because they cram a mountain into each release.
Rather, release often and release less. Do something like 20 issues a
release and call it a day.

Paul