On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Adrian Crum <
> adrian.c...@sandglass-software.com> wrote:
>
>> +1 on the Association interface.
>>
>> The Tuple interface looks like a Collection, even more so when it expands
>> to more than two elements.
>>

> Not quite, because you can only type a collection as Collection<E>, not
> Collection<E1, E2>.
>

>From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuple:  "a 2-tuple is called a
pair".  Not necessarily authoritative, but amusing nevertheless.

Another interesting concept mentioned in this article is the
summarized by the statement "Another way of formalizing tuples is as
nested ordered pairs."  I would argue that this is the only efficient
way to formally represent an n-tuple using Java generics without
writing one class per value of n.

Call it a pair, call it an association, but let's call it done.

Matt