On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Adrian Crum
<adrian.c...@sandglass-software.com> wrote:

> The author information in the pom file is also redundant - it already exists
> in greater detail in the commit logs.

1.) Authors aren't necessarily committers. That's what the
"contributors" section in the POM is for.
2.) Commit logs contain the authors user ID. Nothing less, but also
nothing more. The POM allows to specify full name, email, timezone
information, and the like.
3.) You aren't actually proposing that we grep the complete Apache
commit logs in order to create a page like

        http://commons.apache.org/discovery/team-list.html

     dynamically, are you? Considering the multitude of projects and
the frequency of running "mvn site", that would most likely kill the
SVN server.

--
I Am What I Am And That's All What I Yam (Popeye)