On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 7:51 AM, Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not so sure about that.  I guess it depends on what kind of
> simple scripts you are willing to use to automate things and how
> much you care about being certain that that things are working and
> you know exactly what is going on.  Personally, I would prefer that
> this machinery be visible and not require web gui games or plaintext
> passwords to work.  I like the way tomcat does this and I will
> volunteer to develop and document a similar set of Ant tasks for
> Commons if others are willing to move back to replicating o.a.c
> groupIds from p.a.o.

Phil, my "simple script" is the POM. With Nexus, my manual steps are
typically reduced to copying the -src and -bin files out of the
repository (wget's good for that and it copies the whole directory at
one go) and copying these to the dist directory. Honestly, there are
some things remaining like setting the -current links, updating the
README and perhaps the KEYS file and fixing the permissions. But these
are left to do anyways.

What's wrong with that procedure?

Jochen

--
Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men
will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of

John Maynard Keynes (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Keynes)