Hey Simone,

On 12/12/2011 18:35, Simone Tripodi wrote:
Hi James!
yes, actual Dijkstra implementation[1] uses Double number to
accumulating the total path weights...
I think Having an accumulator would be helpful! How do you would
modify the current implementation - even with pseudo-code?

trying to put it all together (thanks James, Matthew):

 * Weighted<W> is fully generic without restrictions on the type of
   weight W
 * different properties of weights are specified with interfaces: e.g.
   Summable, HasZero, Comparable...
 * each algorithm requires the weights to implement one or more of the
   above interfaces based on needs, and only works with related methods
   abstracting from the actual type of weight. For example sum(W
   weight) for Summable.

Now, IFF you like that... what shall we do with Double, Integer, etc?

Claudio

TIA, all the best,
-Simo

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/graph/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/graph/shortestpath/Dijkstra.java

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 6:27 PM, James Carman