On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Marco Speranza <marcospera...@apache.org>wrote:

> > In the old BFS implementation, the discoverEdge method in the visitor
> > was even called for nodes that have been already visited, which is not
> > the case anymore. From my understanding the new behavior is correct, or
> > am I missing something?
>
> I don't think so. in the old algo there was a check to avoid to call
> already visited nodes.

ah you are right.

There is a bug in the new BFS, in that a vertex is marked visited although
it has not been discovered yet. This should be changed.

But I would like to discuss the visitor behavior in general, as I was
working on a SCC algorithm (Kosaraju), and found it quite difficult to
implement the recursive traversal using the visitor.

Thomas