Hi Michael,

Michael Heuer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm forwarding this message originally sent to users@maven that
> received no response.  Perhaps dev@commons is more appropriate.

why do you think, that extending from Apache Commons parent is a good thing?
This parent is crafted so that it fits exactly our (Apache Commons) needs.
It is considered internal and is not designed to work for all cases
(especially outside its environment).

Said that, if you provide patches for this POM that have no side-effects for
all our components, we might consider to apply them, but don't expect that
someone is maintaining/developing this parent POM like any other Commons
component.

IMHO, you're better off if you copy the interesting parts into a shared
parent of your own.

Regards,
Jörg