I agree that the choice of quadrature rules is orthogonal to Adaptive
strategy. But, can one quadrature rule be more efficient than another by
points evaluated per digit of accuracy?

It seems like in GKQ, the G and K nodes are different points at each level
of resolution. However in CCQ, the high frequency coefficients for one
level involve the computation of the same values of f() as the one order
lower frequency coefficients at a higher resolution (take a look at how a_k
is computed for CCQ). Since the points that are computed at each level are
completely orthogonal to each other, I think this method is more efficient.

Cheers,
-Ajo