Hello,

I want to use the VFSClassLoader on JAR files and Directories (to provide resources). My problem is, that some directories are exploded archives and have a name with a .jar extension.

The addFileObjects() of the VFSClassLoader uses canCreateFileSystem() to detect, if for a given file is a overlay which can read its content. However this method uses FileTypeMap#getScheme(file) which does look at the mimetype and extension of the file name, but not if it is actually a file.

I think VFSClassLoader can check for hasContent() but I think that the solution should actually somewhere in canCreateFileSystem() as I could image there is a overlay filesystem which maps a directory into a filesystem (think .git).

Any ideas? Should I provide a patch for VFSClassLoader only to start with?

Gruss
Bernd