Le 08/10/2013 14:02, Christian Grobmeier a écrit :

> I know teams which are doing better with SVN. But esp in open
> source using SVN looks like the code is maintained by dinosaurs who
> don't want to work with "new things".

I don't quite agree with the paleontological argument. I don't feel
discouraged when dealing with open source projects using SVN as I would
with CVS (contributing to CVS based projects on java.net was really
painful no so long ago).

That being said, the real value of Github I think (and not Git alone) is
that it standardized the contribution workflow. When I encounter a
project on Github I know immediately how I can contribute to it. I just
have to fork and send a pull request with my changes. For the other
projects, I have to read the web site, find the issue tracker if there
is one, contact the developers, subscribe to the mailing list, etc. And
that's different for every project.

Simply moving to Git doesn't add much value, the real question is how to
integrate nicely with Github. Do we give up JIRA and use the Github bug
tracker exclusively? Do we work with two bug trackers simultaneously?
Should we setup a kind of Github to JIRA issue importer [1] ?

Emmanuel Bourg

[1]
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-importers-github-plugin