On 10/27/2013 08:45 AM, Benedikt Ritter wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
>
> I dug into this a while ago but then didn't found the time to push this
> further. Here is what I've learned
>
> - Switching the main site is not a bit deal. Just add the skin to the
> site.xml and your good to go.
> - Switching component web sites to fluido causes two problems:
>  1. The Apache Logo on the top left site won't show up
>  2. The copyright footer won't show up
>
> This is both related to the commons-skin. The skin is added to the site
> build via commons parent. The Commons parent project has a site.xml which
> in inherits to component site (I wasn't aware of this feature before).
>
> The link to the Apache Logo is created as a dummy URL and then replaced by
> some velocity templates in commons parent. It become a relative URL in the
> end. An easy way to fix this would be to declare the logo on each component
> website, or use an absolute URL in commons parent.
>
> I not sure about the copy right footer atm. Comments in commons parent
> indicated, that the footer can not inherited the "normal" way from commons
> parent to the components. This is, because variables like
> project.namewould be evaluated in context of commons parent and not in
> context of the
> component. That would produce a copy right footer with Commons Parent as a
> project name in it for all components. So the commons skin does the trick
> for us.
> Maybe fluido has a possibility to do the trick as well? I don't know. If
> it's not possible we would end up duplicating the footer into all
> components. Or we would have to patch fluido.
>
> Let me know what you find out!
>
> Benedikt
>

> 2013/10/27 Bruno P. Kinoshita <brunodepau...@yahoo.com.br>
>
>> Hi Benedikt,
>>
>> Did you have any luck with this? Next week I will have some spare
>> time, maybe I can try to help on this.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Bruno P. Kinoshita
>> http://kinoshita.eti.br
>> http://tupilabs.com
>>

>>> ________________________________

As you figured out, there is some customization necessary for the skin
to be used by commons. We have therefore our own skin (commons-skin)
which is derived from the maven default skin.

To get the fluido skin working, we have to update our commons-skin:

 - let derive it from fluido (copy all css, images, ...)
 - add the customizations to the site.vm

My first result for doing this can be found / downloaded from here:

  http://people.apache.org/~tn/commons-skin_fluido.tar.gz

With the modifications, building a component site has all the required
images / footers.

We may want to adjust a few css classes from the default fluido skin,
e.g. the sidebar feels too wide imho, footer fonts ....

btw. to test this out do the following:

 - download the modified commons-skin project
 - do mvn clean install of commons-skin
 - checkout commons-parent
 - update the skin to 0.4-SNAPSHOT
 - do a mvn clean install of commons-parent
 - update a component to commons-parent 33-SNAPSHOT
 - do a mvn clean site for a component

the site should be available from $component/target/site/index.html

Thomas