On 10 February 2014 09:16, Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Additionally, I would like to introduce also the annotations from the jcip (
> jcip.net). I do not know if we can add them as dependency, but we could
> also add them ourselves. IMO this would be of great benefit to our users if
> it is clear if a certain class is Immutable, ThreadSafe or Not and one does
> not have to analyze the source code to assert him/herself.

AFAIK the JCIP annotations have runtime retention, which means that
they need to be available at run-time.
That would be quite a nuisance.

I did try to get the retention changed to Class file, but failed.

However, a quick search just now shows [1] which have classfile retention.

[1]
http://code.google.com/p/jsr-305/source/browse/trunk/ri/src/main/java/javax/annotation/concurrent/?r=43