>so it would be nice if our components do compile and work on Java 8

It does of course. But if you compile with java8 then it _might_ not work with
older java versions. So it's fine for packages built by Fedora FOR Fedora. But
those jars might not work on any other linux distro. Which is ok from the Linux
distro side, but a bit unexpected from a Java perspective...

LieGrue,
strub