Le 11/01/2016 23:11, Phil Steitz a écrit :
> Now and then I want to go back and research how the code got to be
> the way it is.  I used to be able to just jump into the old
> svn-viewc thingy.  That is now blocked with a message that just says
> "math is in git now."  That is great; but when I go back in the git
> log, it always ends when whatever branch was created that I am
> looking at.  How can I find the full history?

It seems strange. I just did a "git checkout field-ode" and "git log"
and the list did go past the branch creation.

What I usually do for looking in large history with several branches
at once is "git log -30 --branches --oneline --decorate --graph",
of course any number of commits other than 30 can be used.

For any git command, like log, you can display its documentation
by adding a "--help" *after* the command name, as in "git log --help".

best regards,
Luc