All,

I was thinking about this some over the weekend. How many of the contributors
(those without commit access to the apache repository), do you think, will be
accessing and submitting code via GitHub pull request? I ask because GitHub
offers a template mechanism for pull requests.

Generally, a pull request is a request to merge a remote branch into a central
branch. What comes along with the merge request is a title and message as well
as an associated comment thread. GitHub currently accommodates for “templating”
the message portion of the pull request. It essentially provides a standardized
format for the pull request message. Further, one can use HTML style comments
in the template for items that we do not wish to be presented in the GitHub
user interface (directions and such that we don’t want to show up in the GitHub
user interface). For example, the spring-boot project’s .github directory's
(https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/tree/master/.github) pull
request template has the following HTML comment:

<!--
Thanks for contributing to Spring Boot. Please provide a brief description of
your pull-request and reference any related issue numbers (prefix references
with #).
-->

Is there any appetite for such an item in the commons-math repo? If so I can
get a Jira issue started and a pull request in to master & develop with the
changes.

All the best,
-Rob