Le 31/05/2016 à 03:37, er...@apache.org a écrit :
> Repository: commons-math
> Updated Branches:
>   refs/heads/master ffc1caada -> 598edc127
>

> Reverting changes on "master" as per Commons Math policy.
>
> The corresponding changes have been ported into branch "develop".

Hi all,

The repository policy for [math] is a bit confusing in my opinion.
People are used to work on the master/trunk branch, and if we want to
make the collaboration on our components as easy as possible I think we
should stick to the common expectation. Otherwise contributors sending
pull requests from GitHub are likely to base their work against the
wrong branch, inducing extra work for the committers to rebase the
changes against the real development trunk. Also I think it would be
preferable for all Apache Commons components to follow the same
repository layout.

Having a stable branch isn't a bad idea (I've never felt the need for it
on my projects though, and this adds some steps to the release process
that we vowed to simplify), but this can be achieved with a separate
'releases' branch.

So for Commons Math I'd suggest renaming the branches as follow:
  master  -> releases (or just drop it)
  develop -> master

Emmanuel Bourg